The idea of brows which are permanently fabulous with little upkeep is incredibly appealing, however, there are other ways to achieve this without the need for microblading. Microblading is becoming more and more popular, but lots of people don’t realize the restrictions that come with it and how it can alter your day to day life.
vegaBROW is a gentle and easy way to achieving thicker and fuller brows. After just two weeks of application, brows will be looking bolder and healthier and feeling in much better condition. Find out why choosing vegaBROW over microblading is an obvious choice, and trust us, you won’t look back!
What is microblading?
When you think of tattooed eyebrows, you may be filled with horrible ideas of sharpie-styled brows but things have come along quickly since then. Microblading is a semi-permanent procedure which uses a special blade to draw on the hairs one by one, leaving a natural, hair-like finish. Microblading is perfect for those who want to fill in any sparse areas for a thicker look, re-shape and define their brows or want to thicken their overplucked brows.
Microblading also means you can completely customise your brow shape, so whether you want your brows bolder, straighter or feathered, you can have a custom treatment to achieve the exact look you want.
The procedure can take up to three hours but the results will last for between two and three years if they’re cared for properly. Microblading comes with a hefty price tag, costing on average between $700 and $900, so if you’re keen to try out tattooed brows it’s important that you understand the disadvantages and restrictions of microblading.
A before and after of a professional microblading procedure. Image via velvetsedge.com
The many restrictions of microblading
Most people seem to focus on the actual procedure when speaking about the downsides of microblading and yes, it’s true, microblading hurts. Just like any tattoo, microblading will be painful and it won’t be a pleasant few hours. However, the main restrictions with microblading come afterwards.
Microblading may claim to have no downtime, however, there are many lifestyle changes you have to make in the four to six week period that it takes for them to fully heal. Whilst this may not seem like a long time in relation to how long your brows will last, it makes a two to three hour procedure seem a lot longer than initially advertised.
After microblading, avoid ALL of the following:
- Increased sweating by practising sports, swimming, using a hot sauna, hot bath or jacuzzi, sun tanning or salon tanning.
- Any laser, peeling or chemical treatments.
- Using creams contain retinol or glycolic acid on the face and the neck.
- Picking, peeling and scratching the micro-pigmented area as this may cause scarring or removal of the pigmentation.
- Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where there is a lot of airborne debris.
- Drinking alcohol in excess as it may lead to the slow healing of wounds.
- Driving in open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles or on motorcycles.
- Touching the eyebrow area, except when rinsing and applying the post-care cream with a cotton swab.
If you're going to microblade your brows, please start with picking a good brow artist.
In addition to all these lifestyle changes, there are a few rules you need to follow and if you don’t adhere to them, then you may suffer from itching, flaking and fading brows.
Whilst the brows heal, before showering you need to apply a layer of the post-care cream to protect the brows. You also need to keep the shower head pointed away from your face as moisture is what causes the brows to itch and flake.
Once completely healed, SPF30 should always be applied onto the brows as sun exposure can cause the color pigmentation to fade quickly.
What’s the best alternative for me?
Discovering the many restrictions of microblading can be shocking and may change your mind about trying the procedure. If you feel like all these restrictions just aren’t worth it, rest assured you aren’t stuck with over plucked or sparse brows.
vegaBROW Volumising Serum is a gentle conditioner which can be applied to eyebrows to produce fuller, thicker and healthier brows. With daily use, you can notice the difference in just two weeks and the results only get better and better with time.
Aging, pollution and chemicals can cause the dormant stage of your brows to last for longer, meaning less time for hair growth. vegaBROW works by using a blend of active photomolecules to restore the communication channels to the hair follicles so it can send growth signals. This means more time for the brow hairs to grow for a fuller and thicker appearance. vegaBROW is also enriched with biotin and zinc which also encourages hair growth.
vegaBROW is 100% vegan and hormone-free, meaning no unknown side effects or reactions for those with sensitive skin. Using this serum is a kind and gentle way to nourish your natural brows without the need for harmful chemicals or painful procedures.
Choosing vegaBROW over microblading
Putting your body through a long and expensive procedure without really giving your natural brows a chance feels like a wasted opportunity. There are so many advantages to choosing vegaBROW to achieve fuller brows:
- Whilst tattooing chemicals into your brows is incredibly painful, nourishing your brows with a gentle serum is completely the opposite.
- No restrictions
- Microblading comes with both temporary and permanent restrictions and if you don’t adhere to them you could end up with itchy and flaky brows, and results which don’t last. vegaBROW has absolutely no restrictions on your lifestyle and the results get better the more you use it.
- No healing process
- Microbleeding has a four to six week healing process whereas vegaBROW has no healing time, it simply starts working from day one and will give you amazing brows in just two weeks.
- Enhances your natural brows
- Whilst microblading may look natural, nothing beats the real thing. vegaBROW simple enhances you with your natural brows so you can proudly show them off without having to explain a complicated procedure.
If you want to try out vegaBROW, click here.